The hybrid Master of Education in Educational Leadership is designed for students interested in leadership positions. Certification in educational administration or leadership is often required for individuals seeking school and district leadership positions (assistant principal, principal, supervisors of instruction, etc.) The program aims to develop the knowledge and competencies of aspiring leaders to prepare them to provide optimal leadership for the education of all learners and prepare leaders who:
- Are responsive, inquiring, reflective practitioners;
- Are competent in data-based decision making and able to identify and implement effective research-based school improvement strategies;
- Value, encourage, and facilitate professional development focused on student achievement;
- Create and maintain a school culture conducive to teaching and learning;
- Value, understand, and support diversity in education;
- Understand and act accordingly to legal issues in educational settings;
- Manage the organization, operations, and resources of the school or district.
This six semester hybrid program provides students with the best of both worlds - 24/7 access to online course content and valuable face-to-face time with faculty and peers. The program is designed for the working teacher with minimal on-campus requirements.