According to the Bureau of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment of health educators and community health workers is projected to grow 21 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. Growth will be driven by efforts to improve health outcomes and to reduce healthcare costs by teaching people about healthy habits and behaviors and utilization of available health care.
Additionally, Health Promotion and Wellness program graduates are prepared to take the exam to become a Certified Health Education Specialist and can be employed as a grant writer or grant evaluator in health promotion for public health organizations.
Here are some of the job titles and workplaces of recent online Health Promotion and Wellness program graduates:
- Mission Delivery Specialist- American Cancer Society
- Community Coordinator/ Education Coordinator- Woman's Foundation Inc.
- Health Educator- Woman's Foundation Inc.
- Service Coordinator- Miles Perret Cancer Services
- Case Manager- Big Brother Big Sisters of Acadiana
- Office Administrator- Healthy Habits for Living
- Program Coordinator- March of Dimes
- Anti-Tobacco Advocate- Louisiana Public Health Institute
- Site Safety Representative- Industrial Safety Solutions
- Health Promotion and Wellness Instructor- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is not authorized to offer this online program in all states. Check to see if this program is offered in your state here.