Being a University of Louisiana at Lafayette Ragin’ Cajun comes with countless benefits, whether you’re on campus or 100-percent online. As a UL Lafayette student, you'll have all the tools you need to make the most of your time with the University and achieve your goals upon graduation.
As a student enrolled in an online or hybrid course, you'll have the unique benefit of free online tutoring.
Open to online undergrad students, the service is customized based on a student’s course to ensure relevant support.
Students can also submit writing to the Paper Center within NetTutor for help with lab reports, technical writing, business reports, and more.
Students can access NetTutor through their course dashboard in Moodle.
Specifically offered for online graduate students, TutorMe offers 24/7 live tutoring from certified subject experts across the country.
Students can access TutorMe through their course dashboard in Moodle.
Online students are automatically enrolled in the “UL Writing Center OWL” course to access the University's Online Writing Lab.
Within the course, you'll find information on what to expect from University tutors, what will and won’t be addressed in your work, instructions on submitting work for review, and a number of grammar and writing guides to improve your writing.
Throughout your studies, you have access to many of the same library services as your on-campus cohorts, including:
- Reference and research assistance;
- Remote access to all of the library's online holdings, including databases, journals, eBooks and reference collections;
- Article and book delivery of materials not available in full text online;
- Borrowing resources from other Louisiana institutions via LALINC; and
- Borrowing journal articles from other libraries through our Interlibrary Loan service.
For more information, explore the research guide for online students, which includes subject guides by discipline.
In addition, Ian Richardson, head of Distance Learning library services, is available to help online students find reliable research materials.
Whatever your research or concentration, you’ll have the tools and sources you need to succeed.
Once you’re ready to begin your job hunt, we have an array of services to help you prepare, apply and land the right position for you. Get help writing your resume, developing your career plan or learning what to do with your major through Career Services.
Through their resources, you can:
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick resume review by a professional staff member. You can also use Resume Creator in Career Services Online.
- Search for a job, create and upload a resume, register for Career Events, and sign up for mock interviews through Handshake.
- Glean perspectives from graduates and employers to help you learn how to improve your job search and position yourself for the job you want through Career Spot videos.
Make sure your equipment is as ready as you are to begin your online journey with our Technical Requirements.
Once you enroll, you’ll have 24/7 access to the IT Service Desk to resolve ULink or email access issues, ULink account and password assistance, Moodle support, and more.
At the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, learning online doesn't mean learning on your own. To find out more, explore our degree programs or give us a call at 337-482-1126.