In coordination with the Graduate School, admission to this online program requires:
- Valid teaching certificate;
- A cumulative or adjusted 2.75 on a 4.0 scale is expected for all undergraduate work. If a student does not meet this expectation, then the student should have a 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate coursework OR completion of a master's degree in an education-related field from an accredited institution.
Required Application Materials
- Online Application with application fee ($25)
- Official Transcripts from all universities attended (Official transcripts reflecting your complete academic record must be submitted.)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation that address the candidate’s potential to become a teacher leader.
- Proof of Immunization form*
This program may not be available to all applicants. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette and its online programs must be authorized in all states prior to offering those courses or programs to students residing in those states. See if the program is available in your state here. International students also may not be eligible. According to U.S. immigration regulations, F-1 students cannot pursue online degrees; international students in other visa categories (i.e., H-4, L2) are exempt from this restriction. Learn more here.
*Distance Learning students may opt out of immunization. Also not required if you attended UL Lafayette for undergraduate or advanced coursework.