With minimal on-campus requirements, the hybrid Master of Education in Educational Leadership is designed for the working teacher who’s interested in leadership.
Certification in educational administration or leadership is often required for individuals seeking school and district leadership positions (assistant principal, principal, supervisors of instruction, etc.).
Program highlights include:
- 36-credit-hour program means you complete your degree in 24 months (six semesters)
- Courses are delivered in a hybrid format, split between online delivery and face-to-face meetings.
- Supportive cohort learning environment
- Real-world research designed to meet district needs
- Tuition incentive program for employed teachers and administrators pursuing graduate studies.
- School district cohorts may have tuition and fee discounts. Contact the program coordinator for details.
This master's in educational leadership online program builds leaders who:
- Are responsive, inquiring, reflective practitioners
- Are competent in data-based decision making and able to identify and implement effective research-based school improvement strategies
- Value, encourage, and facilitate professional development focused on student achievement
- Create and maintain a school culture conducive to teaching and learning
- Value, understand, and support diversity in education
- Understand and act accordingly to legal issues in educational settings
- Manage the organization, operations, and resources of the school or district
Explore the full course offerings and curriculum through the University Catalog.