The online Health and Wellness Degree offered by the School of Kinesiology prepares you for more than just a job. Our online degree prepares graduates to improve the quality of life for individuals and groups as a public health educator or community health worker.
Program highlights include:
- 100-percent online degree program*
- Creates eligibility path to take the national certification exam to become a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES).
- Out-of-state students can take advantage of in-state tuition
- Program follows standard four-year, 16-week semester format, but can be accelerated
Our students encourage healthy lifestyles and promote wellness through education in the workplace, as well as nonprofit agencies, by:
- Leading the development, planning and implementation of corporate strategies to promote employee or client health and wellbeing;
- Identifying community needs through data to inform program development and implementation;
- Evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies, and environments.
*First aid course as well as three-hour clinical experience and nine-hour internship are not online but are to be completed in your area.