The online Kinesiology bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Health Promotion and Wellness prepares you for more than just a job. Our online degree prepares graduates to improve the quality of life for individuals and groups as a health educator or community health worker.
Program highlights include:
- 100-percent online kinesiology program*
- Creates eligibility path to take the national certification exam to become a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES).
- Out-of-state students can take advantage of in-state tuition
- Program follows standard four-year, 16-week semester format, but can be accelerated
*First aid course as well as three-hour clinical experience and nine-hour internship are not online but are to be completed in your area.
Graduates of the program make a difference in their communities. Through a multitude of job titles, our students encourage healthy lifestyles and promote wellness through education in the workplace, as well as nonprofit agencies, by:
- Leading the development, planning and implementation of corporate strategies to promote employee or client health and wellbeing;
- Identifying community needs through data to inform program development and implementation;
- Evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies, and environments.
Students who complete the curriculum graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a concentration in Health Promotion and Wellness and are eligible to take the national certification exam to become a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES).
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is not authorized to offer this online program in all states. Check to see if this program is offered in your state here.
For information on this online kinesiology degree cost and tuition, visit the Bursar’s Office for a current tuition schedule.