In coordination with the Graduate School, admission to the program requires:
- Prospective students must have a degree from an accredited institution in technology, engineering technology, engineering, or a closely aligned program. Applicants without this background will also be considered; however, leveling courses will be required for those students to ensure an acceptable knowledge base. Required leveling courses will be determined by the departmental Graduate Affairs Committee on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Department Head of Industrial Technology. For information about leveling courses, contact the department here.
- A 2.75 on a 4.0 scale is expected for all undergraduate work. If an applicant does not meet this expectation, then the applicant should have a 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate coursework.
- A maximum of nine (9) semester hours of transfer graduate credit may be applied toward fulfillment of the requirements for the master’s degree. Transfer credits may not be older than six (6) years and the student must have earned a B or better in each course.
Required Application Materials
- Online Application
- Application Fee ($25)
- Satisfactory GRE scores
- Official Transcripts from all universities attended
- Three Letters of Recommendation utilizing the forms provided
- Proof of Immunization form (not required if you attended UL Lafayette for undergraduate or advanced coursework.) **Distance Learning students may opt out of immunization. Also not required if you attended UL Lafayette for undergraduate or advanced coursework.
Departmental Application Deadline
This program may not be available to all applicants. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette and its online programs must be authorized in all states prior to offering those courses or programs to students residing in those states. See if the program is available in your state here.
International students also may not be eligible. According to U.S. immigration regulations, F-1 students cannot pursue online degrees; international students in other visa categories (i.e., H-4, L2) are exempt from this restriction. Learn more here.