You are here

Submit a Complaint

The institution encourages students attempting to resolve issues or complaints with the university to use the university's complaint process found in the Student Policies of the Student Handbook online
Students are encouraged to first bring the matter to the attention of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at the University. 
Student Affairs Division
P.O. Box 44572, Lafayette LA 70504
Martin Hall, Room 211
Phone: 337-482-6276

If you are an out-of-state student taking online courses and an issue cannot be resolved in the Office of Student Affairs, you may file a complaint or grievance about the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with your state of residence.

If you live outside of Louisiana in a state currently participating in state authorization reciprocity agreements (NC-SARA) and you are unable to resolve a complaint with Student Affairs, or feel that not all issues were resolved with the final disposition, you may appeal to the Louisiana Board of Regents. 

To find out whether the state you reside in is a SARA state, please visit the National Council for SARA website at

To learn more about the Louisiana Board of Regents complaint process and form, visit the Board of Regents website.
Most states require that you begin the complaint process at the university before taking further action.
If your institute does not participate in SARA, click on the agency name to learn more about the student complaint process in your state.
Complaints for out of state institutions are referred to the licensing agency (ADPE) for response.

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
Complainant may request form from EED.ACPE‐

Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education

Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board

Within 20 days of completing the institution’s grievance procedures, the student may file the complaint in writing with the ICAC Coordinator, Arkansas Department of Higher Education, 114 East Capitol, Little Rock, AR 72201. The grievant must provide a statement from the institution verifying that the institution’s appeal process has been followed.
The Delaware Department of Education will investigate complaints. Such complaints must be in writing and verified by the signature of the person making the complaint. Oral, anonymous or unsigned complaints will not be investigated. Until the website is functional, please write or call for more information.
Delaware Department of Education, Teacher and Administrator Quality
John W. Collette
Resource Center
35 Commerce Way
Dover, DE 19904
Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs/Hawaii Post-secondary Education Authorization Program (HPEAP)
Maine Department of Education
Harry W. Osgood
Higher Education Specialist
Maine Department of Education
Augusta, Maine 04333
If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the institution’s grievance procedure, the individual may file a complaint with the following office:
Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Assistant Director of Licensure and Workforce Studies
University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Telephone (919) 962-4558
The individual may contact UNC General Administration for further details.
Ohio Department of Education
Students are encouraged to try to resolve their issue through their institution’s formal grievance procedures. If the student’s issue is not resolved through this process, the agency may then contact the institution on the student’s behalf and request that institution work with the student to resolve the issue. If the grievance involves an issue that violates the agency’s standards for authorization, the agency would contact the institution to determine the severity of the issue and what agency action would be taken.
Mail the complaint to:
Academic Affairs
SC Commission on Higher Education
1122 Lady Street, Suite 300
Columbia, SC 29201
Texas Higher Education Coordination Board
Complaints can be filed either by email to, or by mail to: 
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Office of General Counsel
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, Texas 78711-2788
For complaints not related to authorization, the complainant is encouraged to try to resolve the issue through their institution’s formal grievance procedures. Depending on the nature of the complaint, the complainant may also be referred to the Consumer Protection Division of the Wyoming Attorney General’s Office.