Examity is an online proctoring solution that gives you the flexibility to take exams remotely using your webcam and internet connection. Find information for how to set up your student account and start using Examity below.
- How it works.
- Accessing Examity.
- Creating your profile.
- Scheduling your exam.
- Taking your exam.
- Troubleshooting resources.
Contact technical support if you encounter a problem before or during an exam. Phone calls should be followed up by an email (copying your instructor) that has your instructor's name, course name, detailed description of the problem, and attempts made to resolve the problem.
Proctored exam fees vary depending on the level of authentication and proctoring options your instructor chooses. Set up time usually takes about 10 minutes and is not included in the hourly charges.
Hourly Fees: $4-$15
Late Reservations*(less than 24 hours): additional $5/hour
Cancellation or Time Changes: $5 per occurrence
How it Works
Examity Introduction Video
Examity® Technical Requirements
- You must take the exam on a desktop computer or laptop (not a tablet).
- You must have a working built-in or external webcam and microphone.
- Your Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. Determine your Internet speed by running a speed test.
- Determine if your device is ready for online proctoring with a computer check.
You can easily access Examity® through Moodle.
First, select the name of your course. Next, click on the Examity® link.
This will bring you to your Examity® dashboard.
Getting Started – Creating Your Profile
You must complete your profile in order to schedule your exam. Create your Examity® profile by selecting “My Profile” from the dashboard.
First, select your time zone. Then upload your picture identification card. Please note, for verification purposes, you will need to bring this ID with you every time you take a test. Next, select and answer three unique security questions.
Finally, enter your keystroke biometric signature.
Once your profile is complete, you are strongly encouraged to run a computer requirements check. To complete a computer requirements check, click the link in the upper right hand corner of the “My Profile” page. You should run the check on the same computer you will be using to take the exam.
Run the equipment check immediately once you have create a profile, and no later that 24 hours before your scheduled proctoring session. Also, you should repeat the equipment check before connecting for each of your proctored exams.
Scheduling Your Exam
When you are ready to schedule an exam, click “Schedule Exam” on the dashboard.
Select your instructor, course and exam name from the drop-down menus. Next, you will see a calendar. Select your preferred date and time. If you are scheduling less than 24 hours in advance, you must toggle the “On-Demand” scheduling option to "on" at top right of your screen.
Rescheduling or Canceling Your Exam
If you need to reschedule or cancel your exam, click the “Reschedule/Cancel” tab on the top navigation bar or on your dashboard. Select the exam you want to reschedule or cancel from the menu that appears.
Taking Your Exam
To have the best possible exam experience, review the Proctored Exam Preparation Checklist before each of your proctored exams.
On your Examity® dashboard, select “Start Exam” and click on “Connect to Proctor.”
Proctor support will walk you through the authentication process. You will be asked to:
- Verify your identity with your photo ID. You will be required to hold the ID in front of your webcam. The proctor will need to see both your name and photo clearly.
- Review the exam rules.
- Show your desk and workspace. The proctor will ask you to complete a 360-degree room pan and desk sweep with your webcam. This is to ensure your workspace is clear of any materials unauthorized by your instructor.
Next, answer a security question.
Type your unique biometric signature created during your profile setup.
Agree to the user agreement and exam rules.
Once you have finished the authentication process, click on the “Begin Exam” link. Your proctor will enter the password for you.
- Online resource center
- Review the Proctored Exam Preparation Checklist 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Retest your computer equipment using the equipment check feature on your Examity dashboard.
- Ensure that your browser's pop-up blocker is disabled.
- Connect to Examity 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to begin the authentication process.
Still have questions? Review the Examity Test-Taker FAQ.